All time favourites
This list is still under development – my “All Time Favourite” movies.
For me, this means “any movie I can watch over and over again and still enjoy it”. I will add my review and synopsis of each movie as this page develops.
- High Society (1956)– Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Celeste Holm and John Lund
- An Affair to Remember (1957) – Carey Grant and Deborah Kerr
- Dr Zhivago (1965) – Omar Sharif and Julie Christie
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1970) – Paul Newman and Robert Redford
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) – Harrison Ford and Karen Allen
- Out of Africa (1985) – Meryl Streep and Robert Redford
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) – Hugh Grant, Andie MacDowell, James Fleet, Simon Callow and John Hannah
- Fargo (1996) – Frances McDormand, William H. Macey and Steve Buscemi
- LA Confidential (1997) – Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce, James Cromwell, Kim Basinger Danny DeVito and several others (including a cameo by Simon Baker)
- Bridget Jones’ Diary (2001) – Renée Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant
- Mulholland Drive (2001) – Naomi Watts, Laura Harring, Justin Theroux, Ann Miller and several others.
- Love, Actually (2003) – Hugh Grant, Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman and several others, too multiple to remember and all great.